Jefferson Indoor Range Training Center offers services not included in most competitor pricing. We offer additional services such as on-site fingerprinting, firearm rentals, and all shooting range fees are included in the course price.
Now you can bundle all of your additional options when booking your course! We offer a Hearing and Eye Protection add-on, a firearm rental add-on and a fingerprinting add-on so that you pay one price, one time! NO HIDDEN FEES!
- Did you know that you DO NOT need to qualify with the firearm you intend to employ when concealed carrying? You could use a smaller less expensive option, such as .22LR if you’d like!
At Jefferson Indoor Range, we offer comprehensive firearm training classes designed to educate and empower shooters of all skill levels. Whether you’re a beginner looking to learn the basics or an experienced shooter seeking to enhance your proficiency, our training programs provide a structured and supportive environment for skill development and knowledge acquisition.
Our certified instructors bring a wealth of experience and expertise to each training session. They are passionate about teaching and dedicated to helping you develop safe and effective shooting techniques. Our training classes cover a range of topics tailored to meet the needs of various skill levels and interests.
Basic Firearm Safety and Handling:
Our basic firearm safety and handling classes are perfect for beginners or individuals looking to refresh their knowledge. You’ll learn essential safety rules, proper firearm handling techniques, and fundamental shooting skills. Our instructors will guide you through the basics, including stance, grip, sight alignment, and trigger control, fostering a solid foundation for your shooting journey.
Concealed Carry and Personal Protection:
If you’re interested in obtaining your concealed carry permit or seeking to improve your personal protection skills, we offer specialized classes that focus on carrying concealed, situational awareness, and tactical decision-making. Our instructors will guide you through legal considerations, firearm selection, drawing from concealment, and effective self-defense strategies.
Specialized Training Workshops:
We also offer specialized training workshops on topics like precision shooting, competitive shooting, and specific firearm platforms. These workshops provide in-depth instruction and practice tailored to the specific subject matter.
Group and Private Lessons:
Whether you prefer one-on-one instruction or enjoy learning in a group setting, we offer both private lessons and group classes. Our private lessons allow for personalized attention and instruction tailored to your individual needs, while our group classes foster a supportive and collaborative learning environment.
NOTE: One-On-One Training Events can be booked on an as-needed basis. This includes one-on-one firearms training on your personal firearm, fundamentals review/improvement, breakdown and cleaning of your firearm, etc. Blocks for these training times are Monday, Thursday and Friday from 3pm to 4pm. Please call to schedule or book these training sessions manually.
Registrations can also be done in person. Please call for scheduling and availability or to verify course booking for the calendar below.
TRAINING CALENDAR (Please note: TAX IS INCLUDED IN PRICING BELOW)
|DAY OF THE WEEK
|CCHP Renewal Certification Course
|1h Private Range Training with Frank
(2 Time Slots Available)
|First Time Shooter Course
|CCHP Renewal Certification Course
|1h Private Range Training with Frank
(2 Time Slots Available)
|CCHP Renewal Certification Course
|CCHP Initial Certification Course (Bi-Weekly)
|CCHP Renewal Certification Course (Bi-Weekly)
|First Time Shooter Course (Bi-Weekly)
ADDITIONAL CCHP COURSE OPTIONS (Please note: TAX IS INCLUDED IN PRICING BELOW)
|Add Firearm Rental .22LR (ammo included)
|Add Fingerprinting (2 FBI Fingerprint Cards included)
|Add Basic Hearing and Eye Protection
CCHP Courses satisfy the Louisiana State requirements for receiving/renewing a valid permit that is close to expiration (120 days prior to or 60 days after expiration).
Our instructors, Range Officers, and Staff at The Jefferson Indoor Training Center are here to assist in every way possible in your goal of obtaining a Concealed Handgun Permit from the State of Louisiana. We offer the certified training and hands-on assistance necessary for a well-rounded understanding of firearms, firearms safety, concealed carry, and permit application preparation/submission.
1 HOUR OF PRIVATE RANGE TRAINING WITH FRANK
If you are intimidated by a classroom setting with multiple participants, or you would just like a one-on-one experience, register for time with our head instructor, Frank! A certified Chief Range Safety Officer with the NRA, Training Counselor with the USCCA with 9 years of Military Service and Desert Storm Veteran. This course is purchased and booked online only. There is no walk-in service available for this training.
- This course includes one (1) hour of live-fire range shooting (Range fees and 2 silhouette target are included.
- At this time, this is a pistol or the AR-15 platform course ONLY.
- If you are booking for the AR-15, it must be chambered in .22LR, .300 Blackout (sub-sonic), .223 or 5.56 ONLY (see below).
- Please bring hearing and eye protection and a pistol with ammunition. If booking for the AR Platform, double hearing protection is highly recommended (Foam Inserts and Earmuff protection)
PLEASE NOTE: When booking, you may pre-purchase basic hearing and eye protection as well as reserve a pistol rental for your range shoot.
AR-15 platform range time bookings are REQUIRED to use FRANGIBLE .223 or 5.56 ammunition unless the platform is chambered in .22LR or Sub-Sonic .300 Blackout. NO OTHER ammunition will be allowed. All bags will be checked upon arrival. Failure to comply with this rule can/will result in suspension or banning from the facility.
All firearms are required to comply with current State and Federal Laws. Any firearm noted to be equipped or modified outside of Federal Firearm Regulations with not be allowed in the facility.
BASIC HANDGUN SAFETY CLASSES
We have Basic Handgun Safety classes available for beginners and those looking to brush up on their skills. The classes are available by APPOINTMENT ONLY with limited Walk-In availability. Please call to schedule an appointment.
The class will consist of basic knowledge to help you understand the fundamentals of shooting sports. This will include basic information about safe gun handling and proper range etiquette.
Students will also have an opportunity to practice what they’ve learned at the end of the course with a live fire session on our range with their instructor.
The class is located at our Range location at 6719 Airline Hwy. in Metairie, LA.
CONCEALED CARRY WEAPONS PERMIT INITIAL CERTIFICATION CLASSES
The Concealed Carry/Basic Pistol Class consists of three parts: Basic Pistol Instruction, Concealed Carry Instruction, and Live-Fire Range Qualification. All three parts are completed in one nine-hour Saturday Course. Upon completion of class requirements, your instructor will issue an official Jefferson Indoor Training Center Certificate suitable for framing.
Group Classes are also available by appointment. Please see our contact us page to schedule your group class (between 5 and 15 students) with an instructor.
What to bring with you on class day:
- A copy of the Concealed Handgun Permit Application (completed and signed). This can be found online at LSP.ORG.
- Your handgun and a minimum of 36 rounds of ammunition. (Gun rentals and ammunition are available for purchase on class day) We HIGHLY recommend bringing additional ammunition (50 rounds minimum) to account for misfires, failures, etc. Malfunctions are not accounted for in a passing qualification.
- A Half Hour (30 minute) lunch break will be offered in the early afternoon. You may bring a lunch (If you do not want the Pizza that will be provided) and eat-in or leave to eat lunch and return within the allotted 30 minutes.
- Many restaurant selections are available in the area within reasonable driving and walking distances.
CONCEALED CARRY WEAPONS PERMIT RENEWAL CLASSES
The Jefferson Indoor Training Center also offers a RENEWAL CLASS for current Louisiana Concealed Carry Permit Holders.
All students will be required to register upon arrival and will then be directed to the range for immediate qualification. When complete, they will assemble in the classroom for review training, paperwork completion and certificate issue.
Please bring your firearm along with a minimum of 36 rounds of ammunition for qualification and your Louisiana State Application for review. We HIGHLY recommend bringing additional ammunition (50 rounds minimum) to account for misfires, failures, etc. Malfunctions are not accounted for in a passing qualification.
LOUISIANA STATE CONTACT INFORMATION:
Louisiana Department of Public Safety & Corrections: 225-925-4867; LSP.ORG
TO RECEIVE A PERMIT FOR THE STATE OF LOUISIANA…
- ALL STUDENTS must me at least 21 years of age or older.
- ALL STUDENTS must be a US Citizen.
- ALL STUDENTS must be a resident of Louisiana.
- ALL STUDENTS must show a proficiency with a firearm.
- ALL STUDENTS must complete the application process to be filed with the state.
- ALL STUDENTS must complete the mandatory 9 hours of classroom training (outlined below).
- ALL STUDENTS must complete the qualification and achieve a passing score.
ALL STUDENTS MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING WITH THEM:
- Valid Louisiana Identification (Driver’s License or State issued ID Card). Digital Versions, such as “LA WALLET” IS NOT ACCEPTED.
- A Firearm to perform the required qualification (Rental firearms are available if needed). Please only bring ONE firearm… You will NOT be allowed to switch between firearms during the qualification evolution.
- Hearing and Eye Protection (Eyeglasses can be substituted).
- We highly recommend at least 50 Rounds of Ammunition for your firearm (If renting, ammunition will be included in the cost of the rental firearm).
- Proper attire: No open-toed shoes, No Low-Cut shirts (long sleeves are recommended), Long Pants, A Hat of some kind with a brim. Ejected Casings are HOT!
- A magazine loader if you can not efficiently load or struggle loading your magazines.
- A working knowledge of the pistol you are shooting (If renting, a brief will be given on the use of the firearm being used).
- Lunch (If you do not want Pizza), beverages and/or snacks (DO NOT BRING ALCOHOL!) and make sure you clean up your area prior to leaving the classroom. (There is a snack/beverage machine located in the lobby of the shooting range for our customers/students.) Also, do not bring snacks that will make excessive noise while opening, eating, etc. or may disrupt the class during the training.
ALL STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING:
- A qualification target.
- A Digital Download of the course materials (Hard Copy Textbooks are available for purchase the day of the course).
- A Certificate following successful completion and qualification of the course.
- CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT (INITIAL) COURSE STUDENTS WILL BE PROVIDED A PEPPERONI/CHEESE PIZZA LUNCH.
These are mandated courses by the state of Louisiana. Cell phone use will be limited. All attendees are required to be alert and pay attention to the curriculum. Period breaks will be provided.
JEFFERSON INDOOR RANGE IS A NON-SMOKING FACILITY. There are covered smoking areas outside of the building.
Act 4 of the First Extraordinary Session of the 1996 Legislature amended and re-enacted R.S. 40:1379.3 providing for the issuance of statewide concealed handgun permits by the Deputy Secretary of the Department of Public Safety & Corrections (DPS). Obtaining a CHP in Louisiana requires a 9 hour certification course which covers:
- One (1) hour of instruction on handgun nomenclature and safe handling procedures of a revolver and semi-automatic pistol;
- One (1) hour of instruction on ammunition knowledge and fundamentals of pistol shooting;
- Three (3) hours of instruction on the use of deadly force and conflict resolution which will include a review of R.S. 14:18 through 14:22 and which may include a review of any other laws relating to the use of deadly force;
- One (1) hour of instruction on handgun shooting positions;
- One (1) hour of instruction on child access prevention; and
- Two (2) hours of actual live range fire and proper handgun cleaning procedures
- Live range fire shall include 12 rounds each at 6 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet for a total of 36 rounds;
- Each applicant or permittee must perform at least one safe reload of the handgun at each distance;
- Each applicant or permittee must score 100% hits within the silhouette portion of a NRA B-27 type silhouette target with a least 36 rounds
We also offer private and group training courses though a third-party instructor. If you are interested in booking a private group or individual training session/course, please contact Bayou Gunner directly by phone or email. CLICK HERE to view a listing of all additional courses available.